LVS means Linux Virtual Server, which is one Linux built-in component.
The never queue scheduling algorithm adpots a two-speed model
- When there is an idel server avaiable, the job will be sent to the idel server, instead of waiting for a fast one.
- When there is no idel server avaiable, the job will be sent to the server that minimize it’s expected delay.
ipvsadm -A -t 192.168.0.1:80 -s rr
- The first command assign TCP port 80 on IP address 192.168.0.1 to the virtual server, the shceduling algorithm for load balancing is
-s rrmeans using round-robin
- The 2nd and 3rd commands are adding IP addresss of
real serversto the LVS setup
- the forwarded network packets shall be masked
ipvsadm -L -n