Life is like the ocean, it goes up and down.
What it means GraphQL
- It a server-side technology.
- It gives a
declarativeway of fetching and updating your data. , which is not imperative.
- It follows
client-drivenarchitecture. (comparing to
- In GraphQL, the server determines available resources.
- It is strongly and static typed.
- GraphQL API endpoints are single.
- It is hierarchical and product-centric.
When NO GraphQL
- Overkill for small applications.
- It is not a good solution for simple applications as it can add complexity.
Relationship with REST
- GraphQL is an application layer server-side technology that is used for executing queries with existing data while REST is a software architectural style that defines a set of constraints for creating Web services.
- GraphQL can be organized in terms of a schema whereas REST can be arranged in terms of endpoints.
development speed in GraphQL is fastwhile the development speed in REST is Slow.
Show create scripts
show create table table_name;
To show all records vertically (and more human readable)
To add a postfix
\G in each query, e.g.
select * from table1 limit 1 \G;
The output will look like below, easier for developer to check and see.